When it comes to gear, how do you balance the specific needs of world-class athletes with those of average skiers and riders?
McKenna Petersen (K2 athlete), Drew Peterson (Salomon athlete), Tyler Curle (Moment athlete & ski builder), and Jed Yeiser (K2 engineer) discuss the product development process; the roles that athletes, designers, and product managers play; the weirdest prototypes they’ve tried; what “evolutionary” and “revolutionary” changes we should expect in the future; which discontinued products they’d like to bring back, and more.
Learn more about the Blister Summit here
TOPICS & TIMES
- Intros & Backgrounds 00:00
- Balancing Needs of Pro Athletes vs the Public 5:13
- Are We in an Evolutionary or Revolutionary Stage of Ski Design? 22:50
- Weirdest Prototype You’ve Tried? 33:27
- How Have Your Responsibilities Evolved? 41:05
- Changing Popular Products 44:56
- What Product Would You Bring Back? 52:12
Share this post: