Blister Speaker Series at Western Colorado University: Innovators & Influencers in the Outdoor Industry
We are excited to announce the return of this first-of-its-kind series at Western.
Few universities can match Western’s access to world-class outdoor recreation, which is a big reason why Western attracts so many exceptional mountain sports athletes and students interested in careers in the outdoor industry.
Started last year, this new BLISTER Speaker Series at Western will bring to the Gunnison Valley each month during the school year a preeminent athlete, founder, author, activist, filmmaker, or product designer in the outdoor industry, allowing Western students to hear from and interact with those individuals who are currently shaping the industry.
This outdoor industry speaker series, coupled with Western’s first-of-its-kind Outdoor Industry MBA program, will further Western’s role in cultivating the future leaders of outdoor-oriented businesses and media.
NEXT GUEST: Luke Jacobson, Moment Skis CEO
WHEN: 7 pm TUESDAY, November 5TH
WHERE: University Center Theater at Western Colorado University, Gunnison, CO
Luke Jacobson has been running Moment Skis for years, and they are now the largest ski manufacturer in the United States. Come hear Luke talk about managing the significant growth of this indie brand; manufacturing in the USA; crucial decisions he’s had to make and how he would now assess those decisions in hindsight; and more.
Each month during the school year, BLISTER founder, Jonathan Ellsworth, will lead a free, open-to-the-public Q&A at Western, and there will be additional opportunities for Western students to engage with our speakers in classroom settings, informal group meetings, or out on the trail or ski hill.
Please stay tuned for updates on our upcoming events.
- Dory Trimble, Executive Director of the Honnold Foundation — (listen to the conversation)
- Claudio Caluori, World Cup DH announcer, founder of Velosolutions — (listen to the conversation)
- Brendan Leonard, Semi-Rad.com — (listen to the conversation)
- Eric Larsen, Polar Adventurer, Expedition Guide, & Educator — (listen to the conversation)
- Dan Abrams, President & Co-Founder of Flylow — (listen to the conversation)
- Ashley Korenblat, owner of Western Spirit Cycling & Outerbike; founder & managing director of Public Land Solutions; advisory board member of the Outdoor Industry Association; Mountain Bike Hall of Fame inductee — (listen to the conversation)