TOPICS & TIMES:
- Breaking the Nose Speed Record (4:25)
- Thoughts on speed climbing (6:20)
- The film, “Free Solo” (7:27)
- Tommy’s book, “The Push” (10:50)
- Bandwidth & Focus (14:11)
- Strength vs. Experience (21:05)
- Getting involved in environmental activism (22:30)
- Protect Our Winters & a Call to Action (25:55)
- Audience questions (31:20)
Last week at our monthly Blister Speaker Series at Western Colorado University, in Gunnison, Tommy Caldwell spoke in front of a packed auditorium about speed climbing & setting the speed record on the Nose with Alex Honnold; strength vs. experience; how he focuses on climbing projects while also having more disparate responsibilities than ever; and how and why he’s become increasingly involved with environmental causes.
And then the next morning, we snuck in a ski tour on a gorgeous morning, then headed back to Western where Tommy met with a smaller group of students to talk in more detail about the increasing amount of time he is spending in Washington DC talking to political representatives, and a whole lot more.
Finally, if you want to watch a video of the full conversation, check it out below: