We talk with the founders of MountainFlow Eco-Wax (Peter Arlein); Checkerspot (Charlie Dimmler); and Flylow (Dan Abrams) about the challenges and opportunities of working with new materials; performance vs. sustainability; greenwashing; “Flylower”; the most promising new materials; & more.
TOPICS & TIMES
- 0:00 – Backgrounds & Introductions
- 8:20 – Risks & rewards of moving away from conventional materials
- 15:38 – *When* do you depart from conventional materials?
- 29:36 – Performance and Sustainability Relations, when to choose
- 25:20 – Demand for performance vs. sustainability
- 34:48 – Financial risks and opportunities
- 42:56 – Greenwashing
- 56:17 – Material Wishes/Fantasies
- 1:01:23 – Fan Chat Question (How do we think about sustainability in the world of convenience economy?)
- 1:02:33 – Outro