TOPICS & TIMES:
- How did this project come about? (1:57)
- Vonn’s accessibility & emotional vulnerability (4:50)
- Bode Miller sums up downhill ski race crashes (12:30)
- Happiness vs. Greatness (17:18)
- Why did you start Teton Gravity Research? (22:35)
- Biggest differences of filming now vs. when you started? (22:55)
- Favorite directors & recent films? (30:27)
- Steve’s favorite TGR films (31:40)
Think you know Lindsey Vonn’s story? Think again.
Most of us know Vonn as one of the greatest ski racers of all time — and probably the toughest. But in the new HBO film, Lindsey Vonn: The Final Season, Vonn pulls back the curtain on her career and the steep price of her pursuit of the record for most World Cup wins.
In this conversation, we talk to the film’s co-director and Teton Gravity Research co-founder, Steve Jones, about the making of this film; Vonn’s accessibility and emotional vulnerability; the hidden costs of pursuing greatness; and more.