One of our favorite events every year is the Alpenglow Sports Winter Mountain Festival in Tahoe City. It is a nine-day celebration of human-powered mountain travel aimed at beginner and intermediate backcountry users. And it’s almost entirely free.
This winter the festival is taking place from February 16th to February 24th. The schedule of events and signups just went live, so make sure to go check out all of the incredible events they have available, but here is a quick overview of some of the highlights:
- Mountainfilm Kickoff Party (2/16/19)
- 30+ guided backcountry ski and splitboard tours
- Women’s-specific guided backcountry tours
- Backcountry safety events
- Yoga courses
- Backcountry Nachtspektakel (skin in to a catered meal and bonfire)
You can check out the full event schedule here. It is still being fine-tuned over the next few weeks as the Mountain Festival draws closer.
This is an incredible community event and well worth the trip to the gorgeous shores of Lake Tahoe in February. But be sure to sign up for events ahead of time, as they tend to fill up fast!
Share this post: