At our 2022 Blister Summit, we brought together a group of panelists to discuss alpine ski bindings; their features and how they affect on-snow performance; the real-world considerations anyone might want to take into account when thinking about alpine bindings; Amer’s brand-new Strive binding; and much more.
Our panelists include Francois Lefebvre (global product line manager of bindings for Amer Sports), Chris Davenport (professional skier, US Ski Hall of Fame inductee), Paul Forward (Blister reviewer, physician, & lead heli guide, Chugach Powder Guides), and Chris McKearin (commercial manager, Salomon Alpine).
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Introductions 00:00
- New Amer Strive Binding 5:09
- Elasticity, Suspension, & Spring Orientation 9:37
- Real-World Considerations 14:46
- Real-World Impacts of Binding Features 23:28
- GripWalk & Boot Norms 30:13
- Binding Sounds? 33:47
- Audience Q&A: Demo Bindings 37:02
- How to Maintain Bindings 46:57
- Considerations Re: Materials 49:09
- DIN Release Value Range Myths(?) 52:17
- Sustainability & Bindings 58:09