Today, one of Blister’s Recommended Shops, Alpenglow Sports in Tahoe City, announced the schedule for their upcoming Mountain Festival — a nine-day free event aimed at beginner and intermediate backcountry users to celebrate human-powered mountain travel.
The Mountain Festival runs from February 17-25, 2018.
The nine-day festival is packed with over 70 individual events — everything from daily beginner and intermediate ski / splitboard tours, to avalanche education, snowshoeing, nordic skiing, yoga, and of course, nightlife.
And again, it’s all completely free. Some of the events require a deposit to hold your space because of the popularity of the festival, but once you show up, your deposit is refunded (and if you don’t show up, the deposit goes to local charities).
Here are some highlights from the calendar:
- Kick-off Party: Mountainfilm on tour, 2/17/18
- 30+ guided backcountry ski and splitboard tours
- Women’s-specific guided backcountry tours (including some led by Osprey athlete Kim Havell)
- Guided Squaw Valley resort-accessed backcountry with Alpenglow Expeditions
- AIARE Level 1 giveaway for three lucky winners
- Jones Snowboards Carbon Solution and Pack giveaway
- Backcountry Nachtspektakel (skin in to a catered meal and bonfire)
You can check out the full event schedule here. It is still being fine tuned over the next few weeks as the Mountain Festival draws closer.
Registration for the most popular events (like the guided tours) opens on January 4th at Alpenglowsports.com. Be sure to sign up, because those spots tend to go fast.