It’s time to talk bikes, so we brought in Blister’s bike editor, Noah Bodman.
Noah and I talk about a whole bunch of stuff, including:
• What the ‘Most Montana’ town in Montana is?
• Aaron Gwin’s impressive world cup victory in Lourdes, France, on his new bike
• Whether Noah thinks I could beat Gwin down a DH course if I got to ride a DH bike and he had to ride a hardtail
• Why Noah doesn’t think I should shoot Gwin in the leg in Butte, Montana (You’re going to have to listen to the end to hear that part. It’s worth it. Promise.)
• The most intriguing new bikes this season
• 27.5″ vs. 29″ — where are we in the war of the wheel sizes?
• Carbon wheels vs. Aluminum wheels — which riders would benefit most by going to carbon?
• The pros and cons of all the new bike standards (including “Boost”, and what the real implications of all of these new options will be over the next 5 to 10 years.
• The “Best Bets” for bikes – which bikes Noah thinks amount to the surest things, the safest recommendations to a broad range of riders.
• Why I’m excited to go to Butte, MT, and whether or not Noah will ever be able to safely set foot in Butte after this podcast…
• Noah’s article on Evolving Bike Standards
• Noah, shooting bike gear:
• Gwin’s Winning Ride in Lourdes, France: