We recorded this podcast in Canterbury, New Zealand, where we were wrapping up our annual southern hemisphere ski review trip from one of our favorite ski areas in the world, Craigieburn Valley Ski Area.
On the last night of our trip, our group sat down to talk about some of the gear we’d been testing. In on the conversation are Blister reviewers Paul Forward, who lives in Alaska; Cy Whitling, who lives in Idaho; and Brian Lindahl, who is in Colorado.
The four of us talk skis — the Kastle BMX 105 HP, Moment Bibby Tour, Salomon QST 106, Armada ARV 106, 4FRNT Raven, and others — which of them surprised us the most, which impressed us most, and which skis we’d most want to add to our quivers this season. We also discuss the Salomon MTN Lab boot vs. the new Tecnica Zero G Pro, and we may or may not also talk about Millennials and Tinder profiles.
Topics & Times:
• Gear that surprised you the most?
• A/B Results: Salomon MTN Lab boot vs. Tecnica Zero G Pro
• A/B Results: Armada ARV 106 vs. K2 Marksman
• If you had to spend the entire upcoming season on one of the skis we brought, which would you pick?
• Which of the skis we have down here would you most want to add to your regular quiver?
• Paul Forward offers his take on Millennials
• Which reviewer won the most spectacular crash award on this trip?
• Tinder profile advice from Cy Whitling
• A quick word on the new Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 AT Boot
Episode Sponsor: High Brew Coffee
Try for yourself the delicious cold-brew coffee that kept our editor-in-chief alive on his all-night drive to Utah last month.