There’s been another shakeup in the ski world. Today, Matt Sterbenz, the founder of 4FRNT Skis, and Jason Levinthal, the founder of LINE Skis, Full Tilt Boots, and most recently, J Skis, have announced that Levinthal is acquiring 4FRNT.
So what does this acquisition mean for 4FRNT — what changes, and what stays the same?
To answer these and other questions, I spoke with Levinthal and Sterbenz to talk about the deal, what brought it about, what we can expect going forward, and the state of the ski industry in general.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- So what exactly just happened here? (2:52)
- Will this affect where 4FRNT skis are produced? What changes are we going to see? (11:41)
- What does it mean to be an “indie” ski brand in today’s arena? (15:20)
- When did you guys first start talking about the possibility of teaming up? (21:17)
- So what’s going to change and what’s going to stay the same in the next season or two? (25:18)
- Matt, what’s your favorite LINE ski or J Ski that you’ve seen or been on? (29:15)
- Do you think we’ll see more acquisitions like this in the coming years — indies teaming up? (35:27)
- Closing Thoughts (43:45)