In this episode, we talk to one of the most prominent big-mountain skiers in the world, Cody Townsend.
Cody’s been staring in ski movies since he was 19 years old, he’s recently been making his own films while simultaneously running a company, Arcade Belt Co. So we talk to Cody about skiing, filming, and entrepreneurship, including:
• His background (including a great story about Cody not exactly fitting in with the other ski racers).
• Our product of the year, the Salomon MTN Lab AT boot (see our reviews).
• Skiing consequential lines on skis that are not traditional big-mountain chargers (the Salomon Rocker2 122 and the Salomon MTN Lab 114).
• Cody’s take on the next revolution in skiing.
• A discussion of the best ski movie ever, Cody’s recent favorites, and the future of ski movies.
• Cody’s company, Arcade Belt Co., the grind of running a company, the pros and cons of starting a company, and the reasons why VC investor, Chris Sacca, is impressed with Arcade’s products.
• Podcasts: why we love them, and which ones are Cody’s favorites.
More Show Notes
• Cody’s Line of the Year:
• Some of the Films Cody and I discuss:
• This episode is sponsored by Alaska Airlines
Special Offer: Fly 2 ski trips & get 1 for the tax*
Register and fly two separate round trips to any of our selected ski destinations, and we’ll send you a coupon for a third round-trip flight to any of our selected ski destinations. All you have to do is pay the tax. Register by February 5, 2016 to qualify.
To book your flight: visit alaskaair.com/ski
*Terms and conditions apply, see site for details