Cyrus Schenck is the founder of, Renoun, and a ski designer with an award-winning technology that’s used by no other ski manufacturer in the world.
Cyrus is thinking big. And definitely outside of the box. And definitely not just about skis.
So we talk to Cyrus about building skis with non-Newtonian polymers, and everything else he’s working on — both inside and outside the world of skiing.
“Rethink Everything” is a tagline of Renoun, and if that sounds rather over-the-top to you, just listen to our conversation, then see whether you’ve changed your mind.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Cyrus’ background (2:50)
- Starting Renoun & working with “Non-Newtonian Polymers” (6:25)
- So what is the on-snow advantage of using “HDT” in a ski? (16:14)
- How does HDT work? (18:23)
- If HDT is so great, why don’t more companies use it? (34:11)
- Other applications for HDT – like NBA flooring?? (36:03)
- Why expanding into other industries could be great for skiing (39:36)
- Who is “Renoun” — you and who else? (41:49)
- Renoun’s current ski lineup (42:16)
- Renoun’s new ski – The Citadel – with carbon + HDT (45:16)
- Why Renoun’s 100-Day Guarantee is the smartest thing any indie could offer (49:14)
- What’s the best question I haven’t asked you? (53:54)
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
* Video – The Aspen “HDT” Test