Today we’ve got another Shop Talk episode for you, where we speak with folks from one of our Blister Recommended Shops to get their perspective on a mix of topics ranging from broadly applicable to all of us, to topics that help us better understand what’s going on in the local community that each shop serves.
James Retty, the director of Escape Route in Whistler and Squamish, British Columbia, joins us to talk about Escape Route’s backcountry-only focus; the ski culture(s) of the Sea-to-Sky Corridor; elephant snot; the new Dynafit Radical Pro boot; the Fritschi Tecton; avy pack comparisons, and more.
SPECIAL PROMO FOR OUR CANADIAN LISTENERS: Go to escaperoute.ca and enter the promo code “blisterreview” for $50 off your purchase of $200 or more! Good till 6.30.21
TOPICS & TIMES
- Escape Route today (3:40)
- James’ background & history of Escape Route (5:51)
- Alpine Demo Center (12:46)
- Squamish vs Whistler: ski culture (21:17)
- Elephant Snot (23:07)
- Fritschi Tecton A/T binding (27:36)
- New Hoji walk-mode boot: Dynafit Radical Pro (36:16)
- DPS skis (41:40)
- Avy airbag pack comparisons (48:36)
- What We’re Celebrating (54:14)