Our guest this week is Andrew Alexander King who is an explorer, alpinist, climber, and surfer who was born in Detroit, Michigan. Andrew has climbed over 50 different mountains around the world from Kilimanjaro to the highest mountain in the Atlantic, Indian, and the Pacific Ocean, and is currently training and aiming to become the first African American to climb the highest mountain and volcano on each continent.
Andrew’s story is very interesting, and he is currently at work on The Between Worlds Project, which is every bit as interesting and important.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- The Between Worlds Project (2:16)
- Growing up in Detroit (7:56)
- Moving to Hawaii, getting into surfing (22:48)
- Representation in the outdoor space (25:11)
- Attending college & navigating the corporate world (34:59)
- Working with brands (46:21)
- Current status of The Between Worlds Project (59:03)