TOPICS & TIMES:
- Follow up on last episode ‘Gear Awards’ (1:35)
- Predictions for 2020 – 2029 (3:42)
- What gear has the most room for improvement? (20:22)
- Where will we actually see the most improvement? (32:04)
- Are we in a golden age of bike design? (39:40)
- Will # of mtn bikers increase or decrease? (43:40)
- Which types of riding will get bigger or smaller? (44:34)
- Will we see fewer or more bike parks? (52:14)
- Fewer or more riders pedaling up bike parks? (53:12)
- Wildest predictions for the next decade? (1:00:40)
What will the mountain biking industry look like 10 years from now? What current gear categories currently have the most room for improvement, and where will the actual advances in bike tech have happened by the end of 2029? What categories of riding (XC, DH, Enduro, e-Bikes, Gravel, Road) will have grown, and which will have shrunk? Will we have fewer or more bike parks? We discuss all of this and more — including our wildest predictions for this next decade.
And in the Comments Section below, we’d love to hear what you predict the bike industry will look like in 10 years.