TOPICS & TIMES:
- Current Position & Background (3:30)
- History of Full Tilt (11:00)
- 2-Piece / Overlap Boots vs. 3-Piece Boots (13:45)
- Swappable Tongues / Adjustable Flex Pattern (15:30)
- Changes to FT’s flex pattern naming conventions (17:33)
- Standardizing flex ratings (19:00)
- What’s changed & what hasn’t? (21:55)
- New Pro Tongue Liner (25:00)
- Pro Tongue Liner vs. Wrap Liner (27:25)
- What sort of skier ought to consider Full Tilts? (30:43)
- Range of top skiers in Full Tilts (35:03)
- Boot-fitter-friendliness (40:10)
- Sammy Carlson’s new Full Tilt pro model (45:52)
Full Tilt ski boots are beloved by some (including athletes like Bode Miller, Tom Wallisch, Seth Morrison, and Sammy Carlson), but they also get pigeonholed by others who think of them as only being for park rats.
So we are joined by Austin Peters, the Ski Boot Engineering Manager for Full Tilt and K2 Ski Boots, to talk about the history of Full Tilt; what makes Full Tilts unique; why you might opt for a Full Tilt vs an ‘overlap’ ski boot; and what’s new for 20/21 (including Sammy Carlson’s new pro model).