Ian Sharman is back on the podcast (check out our previous conversation with Ian), and we sat down with him in Blister HQ, along with our good friend and Ian’s favorite pacer of all time, Dana Kracaw.
This is a very free-flowing conversation, where we talk about how Ian and Dana met; what makes a good pacer; when & when not to DNF; Tanya Harding; deer costumes; trolling; all-mountain roller skates; and yes, how to get away with murder.
This one is a lot of fun, so if you dislike fun, please skip it. Otherwise, enjoy!
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Introductions & Instagram trolling (2:18)
- Preparing for another Leadville 100 (11:21)
- Difference between a “hike” and a “run” (16:00)
- Heart rate monitoring (26:02)
- The art of pacing (30:01)
- Ian & Dana’s proudest running accomplishments (36:12)
- Hacking Wikipedia pages (44:45)
- Tanya Harding & deer costumes (50:48)
- To DNF or Not to DNF (55:14)
- Coaching & race selection (1:09:26)
- Ian’s strategy for this year’s Leadville 100 (1:17:56)
- More trolling, Boston, Leadville, & costumes (1:24:00)