Last week we talked to Will Ritter, the founder of the biggest splitboard binding company in the world, Spark R&D, about the origin story of Spark R&D, and some of the milestones and setbacks that the company has achieved — and survived — along the way.
This week we’re running Part 2 of our conversation, and Will and I discuss some of Spark R&D’s current products, discuss the old hard boots vs. soft boots debate, talk collaborating with companies like CAST Touring and 22 Designs, and using solar power at the Spark R&D factory.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Sparks’ new Pro Series of Bindings. (01:05)
- Can we expect larger change in splitboard interface? (04:48)
- Any thoughts on Karakoram’s new interface? (14:00)
- Hard boots versus soft boots. (15:47)
- Will the next biggest innovation be in bindings, splitboards or boots? (21:30)
- Collaborations in the works (29:32)
- What’s the secret to Spark R&D’s success? (35:55)
- Solar power at Spark R&D. (39:05)