It seems like everyone who hasn’t been to Alaska dreams of going, and those who have been dream of going back.
So today we’re talking about spring skiing and biking in Alaska with Eric Helmbrecht, the owner of Powder Hound ski shop in Girdwood, AK.
Eric and I talk a bit about some of the inbounds and touring gear that he thinks works particularly well in Alaska’s maritime snowpack and unique terrain, and some of the boots and bindings that are coming out next year. Then, Eric provides a bit of beta on spring skiing and biking in Alaska, and we wrap up with some talk about the quickly-growing mountain bike scene around Girdwood and Anchorage.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Introducing Eric / starting Powder Hound in Girdwood, AK (1:05)
- What skis do you like for AK’s snowpack and terrain? (7:32)
- AT boots – Scarpa Maestrale RS, Atomic XTD 130, Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro (19:14)
- AT boot liners (27:57)
- AT bindings (31:29)
- Beta on spring ski skiing in Alaska (38:31)
- Spring mountain biking in Alaska (46:04)