TOPICS & TIMES:
- Voormi’s origin story (2:02)
- Materials (11:19)
- Highlighting some specific products (19:43)
- Manufacturing Processes (25:21)
- River Run Hoodie (26:17)
- Voormi Socks (31:46)
- Manufacturing in the USA (36:45)
- “Responsible” production (39:04)
- Where will Voormi be in 10 years? (47:30)
Our guest is Timm Smith, the Chief Technology Officer and head of materials development at Voormi, which Timm describes as a Textile Technology company that makes outdoor apparel.
Now, if that doesn’t exactly sound like the typical description of a company that makes apparel for skiing, mountain biking, fishing and the gamut of outdoor pursuits, you’d be right. Voormi definitely isn’t trying to be just another outdoor apparel company — they develop their own textiles in-house; they manufacture their products in the United States; and they’ve got some big plans.
Timm came out to Crested Butte to sit down with me in Blister HQ for this conversation, and above you can watch a video of the conversation and see several of the Voormi products that Timm and I discuss.