TOPICS & TIMES
- What is Chris King Components? (3:00)
- How is the company doing during COVID? (3:57)
- Kirby’s role at Chris King (7:56)
- Why become a B Corp? (10:12)
- The process (17:15)
- Most surprising part of the process? (33:14)
- Environmental steps Chris King is taking (35:32)
- Favorite Chris King product? (50:15)
- King’s Lifetime Warranty (54:55)
- The Chris King Open House (57:24)
What, exactly, does it mean for a company to be a Certified B Corporation business, and why should anyone care? To learn more, we reached out to Chris King Precision Components, which just completed the process of becoming one of the very few B Corp manufacturing companies in the entire bike industry.
Chris King’s general manager, Chris (aka, “Kirby”) Bedsaul talked with us about what the process of becoming a B Corp entails, why they decided to do it, and along the way, we also discuss Chris King’s approach to manufacturing out of their homebase of Portland, Oregon.