Last month at our inaugural Blister Summit, we held a panel discussion on Ski Boot Design with three key people in the world of ski boots: Thor Verdonk, global brand director of Lange ski boots; Matt Manser, product manager of Atomic ski boots; and Stefano Mantegazza, product manager of the Tecnica Group.
We discuss their design philosophies; whether we should get rid of flex ratings; whether a precise-fitting boot can be a warm boot; the most frustrating trend in ski design today; where the biggest innovations are currently taking place; and more.
Check it out, let us know what you think, and stay tuned for our rollout of more excellent panel conversations from the Blister Summit.
- Intros & Design Philosophies 0:00
- Current Innovations 10:04
- Flex Ratings 17:17
- Progressive vs. Linear Flex 26:05
- Ditch Flex-Rating Numbers? 33:40
- Stated Widths, “Lasts,” & Liners 42:40
- Difficulties of Testing Boots 49:09
- Women-Specific Boots 59:00
- Warmth & Fit 1:06:55
- Toe Box Shapes 1:11:53
- Lightweight Boots 1:18:4