TOPICS & TIMES:
- SCOTT Sports becoming an “international” brand (5:02)
- Why make so many different types of products? (6:42)
- Will we see a SCOTT binding? (12:08)
- The 2020 Winter Collection (15:41)
- The New Superguide Freetour (20:00)
- What is a 3D sidecut radius? (30:51)
- Superguide 95 vs. Freetour (38:00)
- New touring boot (40:25)
Sam Shaheen was recently in Courmayeur, Italy to test the new SCOTT Superguide Freetour in the spectacular mountains surrounding Mont Blanc. After several days of big lines and long tours, he came away thoroughly impressed.
So, in the first half of this conversation, he talks with SCOTT’s CMO, Reto Aeschbacher, about the backstory of SCOTT, the challenges of managing large product lines, and the motivation behind their new line of backcountry skis. Then he does a deep dive with SCOTT’s Ski Product Manager, Franz Marsan, about the new Superguide Freetour.
You can also watch this conversation on our Blister YouTube channel.