Today we’re discussing the wonders and weirdness of Interbike, 2018, with Blister’s bike editor, Noah Bodman. Noah gives the rundown on Interbike’s new digs (it moved from Las Vegas to Reno this year), what he saw, what he didn’t see, and what he rode.
And we open with Jonathan Ellsworth giving a bit of an update on our 18/19 Winter Buyer’s Guide, and revealing some sketchy details about his participation at Interbike last year.
(Also, check out Noah’s written recap & photos from Interbike, 2018)
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Update on Winter Buyer’s Guide (2:20)
- Confessions from Interbike, 2017 (4:00)
- Interbike’s New Digs — from Vegas to Reno, NV (6:40)
- The new Pivot Shuttle and the predominance of e-bikes (8:20)
- Pivot 429 Trail (14:45)
- How this year’s show compared to last year’s (16:20)
- Dumb or Niche: folding e-fat bikes (20:05)
- Tariffs impact on Asian companies (20:45)
- Single bike racks are for the lonely and / or lazy (22:06)