TOPICS & TIMES
- Earthquakes & COVID-19 (2:11)
- Background, injuries, & finding his style (4:10)
- 2020 FWT 1st stop: Hakuba, Japan (12:15)
- 2nd stop: Kicking Horse, BC (17:55)
- 3rd stop: Andorra (22:45)
- 4th stop: Fieberbrunn, Austria (29:28)
- 5th stop: Verbier, Switzerland (35:19)
- Isaac’s comp skis (41:49)
- Change or keep the current comp format? (47:20)
- Free running / Parkour (51:37)
- What’s the best question I haven’t asked you? (53:19)
As part of our Up & Coming Series, we had intended to talk to Isaac Freeland, because he is a very good skier and he was definitely on his way up. But then Isaac threw us a curve ball by not only winning the 2020 Freeride World Tour Rookie of the Year award… he went and won the whole thing.
So even if “Up & Comer” now feels like a bit of an understatement, we asked Isaac to take us through his first season on the Freeride World Tour and walk us through each stop. We also discuss what it was like competing against some of the biggest names in skiing; how he approached each particular comp; the rather surreal — and abrupt — end to this comp season, and more.