Did you know that 1 out of 5 people in the United States have a disability? 20 percent. And that is just one of the reasons why those of us who love and care about outdoor recreation really ought to know about all that is happening in the world of adaptive sports.
So to get an overview of the past, present, and future of adaptive sports and recreation, I sat down with Chris Read and Betty Philbin of the Adaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- What are Adaptive Sports? (2:00)
- Origins of outdoor-focused adaptive sports (2:51)
- Terminology & Etiquette (16:55)
- The Gear (22:46)
- Programing in Crested Butte (27:19)
- Lodging (32:31)
- How to get involved (38:04)