TOPICS & TIMES
- Sam’s background (2:48)
- Defining Terms & Segments: Primitive Camping (8:56)
- Public Campgrounds (11:20)
- Private Campgrounds (13:12)
- Glamping (14:30)
- Overlanding / Van Life (18:49)
- Camping Connectors / Services (23:06)
- Audience Size & Financial Figures (27:12)
- Trends (32:28)
- Sam’s company: Campfire Ranch (48:18)
- How to book a stay (1:02:28)
“Camping” is a massive industry, and a whole lot goes on under that name. So today we are going to discuss who’s doing it; what, exactly, people are doing; what the different segments and categories of camping are; the most important trends; some of the current problems and challenges in the space; and some of the potential solutions.
To walk us through this landscape, I sat down with Sam Degenhard, whose perspective on all of this I’ve come to really value. Sam knows a lot about the industry because he’s been actively studying it for years, and he has recently started his own camping company, Campfireranch.co.