TOPICS & TIMES:
- Pitt’s background in the outdoor industry (1:21)
- Bar Mitzvahs and the Humpty Dance? (5:32)
- The differences between GPS devices (10:13)
- When should you bring a GPS device? (13:53)
- Providing peace of mind for friends & family (21:28)
- Garmin vs. Spot vs. Bivystick: the state of the market (25:44)
- After you push the SOS button, what happens next? (31:26)
- (Confusing) payment plans of various GPS devices (37:50)
GPS communication devices can be the difference between life and death in remote places. So we talk with Bivy’s Pitt Grewe about the different types of technology and devices on the market; how these devices can affect decision making; satellite networks; complicated payment plans; and … Pitt’s impressive skills as a DJ.
For more on this topic, check out BLISTER Podcast Episode 62: Backcountry Travel & Wilderness Medicine.