What’s the best way to make coffee? Very strong opinions abound, and I am currently caught up in trying to figure out the right answer for myself. (And I know that many of my fellow coffee “enthusiasts” are in the same boat.) So we are launching this CRAFTED mini series on coffee gear to try to gain some clarity on the topic. So join me as seek advice to figure out my coffee equipment situation, and maybe this series will help you figure out your own.
Our first guest is Andrew Gardner, and we talk about coffee and life priorities; coffee and cycling culture; how to think about the cost vs the quality of coffee-making equipment; and whether I should keep or return this new Breville semi-automatic espresso maker that’s sitting in an unopened box at my house. Listen up, then let me know what you think I should do — or what coffee gear I should get.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Andrew justifies this conversation (7:06)
- Coffee “Enthusiasm” & Cycling Coffee Culture (8:10)
- Coffee & Life Priorities (12:20)
- Coffee Gear & Other Gear (15:05)
- New Espresso / 3rd-Wave Espresso (22:47)
- Correlating Cost & Quality of Coffee Gear (24:56)
- Andrew’s Morning Coffee Routine (28:38)
- Breville Debate & “Good” Coffee (30:28)
- Coffee Prep Variation (36:57)
- Grinders (43:46)
- JE’s Coffee-Curious Future (50:58)
- Best Entry Point for Espresso (56:22)