Today we are excited to introduce you to a very big new initiative at Blister: Blister Labs. Blister Labs is a new partnership between Blister, the University of Colorado Boulder, and the brand-new, state-of-the-art engineering facility at Western Colorado University in Gunnison, Colorado.
Joining me to talk about why we believe that Blister Labs represents a significant new development in the outdoor industry is Dr. Jeni Blacklock, who is the director of the Rady Partnership Program between CU Boulder and Western Colorado University.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- What is Blister Labs? (2:17)
- The Rady Engineering Facility at Western (6:21)
- CU Boulder’s involvement (8:04)
- New standards? (11:29)
- Key faculty: Greg Vanderbeek & Sean Humbert (14:16)
- Jeni’s current position & background (22:38)
- Working at a bike shop and the NIST (31:37)
- Some of Jeni’s recent work (41:05)
- Blister Labs & the new “Outdoor Industry Engineering” program (43:23)