TOPICS & TIMES
- Recovering Post-Race (2:02)
- Why did you decide to run this race? (4:45)
- Race Day Recap: obstacles, emotions, and the finish (6:23)
- The eating trick that helped Maddie during the race (11:23)
- People’s reaction to her age (13:52)
- Was her 60k Infinite Trails race good or bad preparation? (16:43)
- Gear: what worked, and what didn’t (19:18)
- Biggest lesson learned from the race (23:24)
- What her pacers did right (25:47)
BLISTER reviewer and contributing editor, Maddie Hart — who we interviewed in Off The Couch episode #6 about the current state & the future of Trail Running — just won the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 Mile Run, making her the youngest person — male or female — to ever win the event.
So we talked to Maddie about the race; her strategy; how she felt throughout it; what gear she used and how it performed; whether running the extremely demanding 60k Infinite Trails race in Europe was good or bad prep for the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 Miler; her pacers; and her big achievement.