TOPICS & TIMES:
- Oxford, Shakespeare, & Dirty Sandwiches (2:53)
- Breaking into the ski industry (9:30)
- Learning to backflip with Julian Carr (17:10)
- Competing on rental skis (19:56)
- Rachael’s best ski season ever (23:42)
- GREENland Expedition (26:52)
- Fantasy & Star Wars & Sparkles (32:10)
- Why Rachael loves Red Bull Rampage (44:10)
- More books & music (49:32)
Fact: we all need to strive to be more like Rachael Burks.
Rachael is a big mountain skier known for skiing burly lines and her signature backflip, but she is also known for her boundless enthusiasm — and in this conversation, that enthusiasm is on full display. Rachael and I pack a whole lot into this conversation, including our love of Shakespeare; her spot-on impression of Julian Carr; podiuming in a comp on rental skis; her best ski season ever; and her abiding loves of sweatpants, Star Wars, fantasy novels, Red Bull Rampage, and more.