This week, it’s Rashomon week on Blister. Our guest today is Austin Smith, the co-founder of Season Eqpt and the man in charge of the snowboard side at Season, while his co-founder, Eric Pollard, oversees the ski side.
Today you’ll get to hear Austin’s perspective on Season and their 21/22 snowboard lineup (plus a whole bunch of other topics), and then this Friday over on our GEAR:30 podcast, you’ll get to hear Eric offer his perspective on the development of Season and their 21/22 ski lineup.
TOPICS & TIMES
- First conversations about Season Eqpt (7:44)
- When did you & Eric Pollard meet? (10:07)
- Your snowboarding influences growing up? (12:38)
- Gear & design qualities you look for (16:21)
- Boards, boots, & bindings: rank ‘em (27:22)
- Fire Truck customization (30:22)
- Season’s 1st Season (34:22)
- Season’s snowboard lineup (36:59)
- Reasoning behind the black top sheets? (42:47)
- Best question I haven’t asked you? (46:16)
- Telemark skiing (47:34)