Today we’ve got another edition of Blister Shop Talk, where we check in with one of our Blister Recommended Shops to get their perspective on topics that range from universally applicable, to topics that help us better understand what’s going on in the particular, local communities that they serve.
Bentgate is an outstanding shop located in Golden, Colorado, and our guest today is John Weir. John and I talk about fitting AT boots; the rise of splitboarding; John’s (really good) predictions for this upcoming season; some of the precautions and protocols that Bentgate is taking and putting in place this winter; a lasting (positive) effect that COVID may have on the bootfitting process; and more.
TOPICS & TIMES
- Background on Bentgate (4:58)
- “Comfort Performance” fit (7:54)
- Prediction #1: Upcoming season (10:38)
- Splitboarding (14:59)
- Prediction #2: Avalanche courses (19:39)
- Prediction #3: Snow dynamics (29:33)
- What Bentgate is doing in these Covid Times? (37:35)
- What We’re Celebrating (44:51)