Today we’ve got another edition of Shop Talk, where we talk with one of our Blister Recommended Shops to get their perspective on a mix of topics that range from broadly applicable to all of us, to topics that help us better understand what’s going on in the specific local community that each shop serves.
Earlier this week I got to sit down in Blister headquarters with Tyson Stellrecht, the founder of Boise Gear Collective, to talk about the selling of both used gear and brand new gear; how it’s going with backcountry.com one year later; why Tyson isn’t moving into e-commerce; gear snobs; predictions for the upcoming season; and more.
TOPICS & TIMES
- The outdoor scene around Boise (5:12)
- backcountry.com – one year later (8:09)
- Tyson’s backstory & starting a used gear shop (14:16)
- The value of offering used gear & new & service (21:45)
- Why Tyson isn’t moving into e-commerce (24:40)
- Starting to sell new gear alongside used (33:17)
- Gear snobs (42:00)
- Predictions for the upcoming winter (50:34)
- What We’re Celebrating (59:40)