Welcome to the inaugural episode of Off the Couch, where each week we will be taking a closer look at the wide, weird, and wonderful world of running. Today Jonathan Ellsworth (founder of BLISTER), and co-host, Brendan Leonard (creator of Semi-Rad.com and producer of How to Run 100 Miles), talk about their running backgrounds; their love / hate relationships with running; and consider Strava as a modern-day spiritual exercise??
TOPICS & TIMES:
- When do you actually get to call yourself a “runner”? (1:30)
- Our running backgrounds — the early years (3:15)
- Brendan’s return to running (7:25)
- Jonathan’s return to running (after breaking his neck) (13:06)
- Exploration, drugs, and stories (21:25)
- Strava as a spiritual exercise?? (34:25)