TOPICS & TIMES:
- Starting J Skis / How to get a job at J Skis? (3:08)
- What’s up with “Roll with a Pro”? (12:53)
- Favorite Ski Graphics & Bob Ross (15:20)
- Branching out: J goggles? Snowboards? Etc.? (21:11)
- 19/20 J Skis lineup (25:15)
- J’s personal favorite skis (35:56)
- Which of your skis are you most proud of? (37:35)
- What ski design do you still want to make? (43:55)
- Tell an Eric Pollard story (47:40)
- How do I get free J Skis? (53:33)
- When will we see a touring-oriented J Ski? (1:01:25)
- Will we ever see a 193 cm J Ski? (1:06:15)
- Does Steve Stepp even troll anymore? (1:09:06)
- Favorite way to eat or cook an oystá? (1:10:00)
- Advice you would give your 20-yr-old self? (1:16:55)
We’ve got J Skis founder, Jason Levinthal, back on the show, and we’re going to be doing things a bit differently than we normally do. Last week we invited you to submit any questions that you might have for J, and turns out … you had a lot of them.
So this episode is made up almost entirely of your questions, and in his trademark style, Jason answers each of them with extreme candor.
We cover why Jason started J Skis and how you can get a job there; J’s favorite ski graphics; which skis are his personal favorites, and which skis he’s most proud of; we get into some ski design questions — including whether we will ever see a 193 cm J Ski; and J tells an Eric Pollard story and answers the pressing question, “What’s your favorite way to eat or cook an oyster.”
Finally, we are also going to be dropping soon a video of this conversation with J, so you’ll be able to check that out and see some of the graphics and the skis that Jason and I discuss.