TOPICS & TIMES:
- Backcountry Skiing (1:50)
- Backcountry Splitboarding (11:30)
- Backcountry Telemarking (14:30)
- Inbounds Skiing (17:43)
- Inbounds Snowboarding (21:25)
- Inbounds Telemarking (23:37)
- Monoskiing vs. Ski Blading (26:17)
- Park Skiing (29:50)
- Indoor Ski Areas? (34:25)
- General Industry Trends (41:59)
- Wildest Predictions (1:06:00)
Last week on the Blister Podcast we talked about some of our New Year’s goals and resolutions, and last Friday on our GEAR:30 podcast, we handed out awards for the most influential and best gear of the past decade. If you haven’t checked out that GEAR:30 episode, you should.
And in today’s episode, we’re offering our thoughts on what the ski & snowboard industry might look like 10 years from now. Will backcountry skiing and splitboarding keep growing; Will indoor ski areas become more of a thing; will there be more or fewer ski companies in existence 10 years from now? We make our predictions on all of these questions and more, so see what you think.