The Italian company, ATK Bindings, has been taking the tech-binding world by storm. And in this first podcast that the brand has ever done, I spoke with ATK CEO (and the son of the founder of ATK and one of ATK’s chief product testers), Davide Indulti, about the surprising origins of this family business in Fiorano Modenese; a pivotal moment in ATK’s history; where they saw the biggest opportunities to improve tech bindings; and more.
And then next week, we are going to run the 2nd half of my conversation with Davide, where he and I dive deep into the details of ATK’s current product lineup; discuss the different features of their various models; and get a sneak peek of what’s next.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- ATK, Ferrari, & the family business (2:18)
- Decisive moment in ATK’s history (15:02)
- Room to improve tech bindings? (22:00)
- 2010 RT binding (33:49)
- “Performing through lightness” (36:55)
- What We’re Celebrating (49:28)