TOPICS & TIMES:
- What did you just do, and why? (1:50)
- Defining the rules for these ‘marathons’? (8:10)
- Eating donuts & running (20:51)
- Why did you tell so few people about your goal? (23:01)
- Injuries? (29:25)
- What was the hardest part of the project? (32:08)
- What was the best part? (34:35)
- Funniest moment? (40:00)
- Goals for 2020? (45:10)
For 2019, Brendan Leonard set a goal for himself: run 52 ‘marathons’ in 52 weeks. He told very few people about this goal — including me until just a few weeks ago — and I am very proud to report that Brendan accomplished his goal with several weeks to spare.
So in this conversation, I talked to Brendan about what prompted him to create this plan; why he decided to tell very few people about it; exactly what the parameters were for these ‘marathons’; how he handled the logistics; what he learned along the way; and more.
This is a fun one, and it might just inspire you to think creatively about some goals for 2020