Our guest today is Jackie Paaso, an American skier who now calls Sweden home. Jackie has a new film coming out, The Arctic 12, and honestly, this is one of the rawest ski films I have ever watched. And if you made a list of the most important ski films to watch before undertaking a longer group adventure of your own, then the Arctic 12 should be included.
Jackie and I talk about her background; being on the Freeride World Tour with her husband, Reine Barkered; and the ins and outs of their 26-day expedition through the tallest peaks of northern Sweden.
TOPICS & TIMES
- Jackie’s background (2:01)
- Ending up in Europe (4:14)
- Freeskiing career (11:46)
- Incoming! Baby’s on the way! (13:52)
- The Arctic 12 (18:41)
- Initial vision for the project (20:20)
- Final objectives (23:15)
- Communication & group dynamics (27:55)
- Key takeaways? (39:25)
- When / where to watch the film? (52:53)