Our reviewers David Golay and Noah Bodman talk about trends in modern bikes, including a possible ceasefire in the geometry wars; the relative consistency of Downhill bike geometry; the decline of weight weenie-ism; an outrageously long bike from 30 years ago; how all bikes should be sized to fit Noah Bodman; and a whole bunch more.
TOPICS & TIMES
- Trail bike geometry, and a ceasefire in the geometry wars
- Downhill bikes, and their progression
- Trails changing bikes, or vice versa?
- The decline of weight weenie-ism
- Rich Williams — a man ahead of his time
- Size-specific chainstay lengths — a passing fad, or good idea?
- All bikes should be sized for Noah?
- The resurgence of high-pivot bikes, and their tradeoffs