Annie Hughes is 23 years old, is quickly becoming quite a force in the world of ultra running, and this past weekend, she won the Leadville 100.
So yesterday we talked with Annie about her preparation for Leadville and the race itself, but we also talk about waiting tables; potentially running for president (which is related to the waiting tables conversation); her plans to run the Moab 240 this October, and what she’s most excited to pursue in this world of ultrarunning beyond this October.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Congratulations! (4:25)
- Preparation for the race (9:33)
- Race recap & thoughts on ‘home court advantage’ (9:10)
- Other ultra experiences (12:09)
- Annie’s running background (14:59)
- Approach to training (19:21)
- Thoughts on the upcoming Moab 240 (22:34)
- Annie’s off-days (25:48)
- More on Moab (33:56)
- What else are you excited about in the ultra world? (37:01)