TOPICS & TIMES:
- David’s background (1:26)
- How did you first get connected with Blister? (7:45)
- Bike preferences (9:35)
- Who is your favorite reviewer at Blister? (18:35)
- Who is your favorite biker and skier? (20:11)
- What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done? (22:20)
- What are you better at than Sam Shaheen? (23:35)
- What gear are you most & least picky about? (24:49)
- Top 3 favorite books, movies, and musicians (27:08)
- Give us a random review? (32:10)
- What’s the best question I haven’t asked you? (33:14)
This is another installment of our “Reviewing the Reviewer” series, where we ask various BLISTER reviewers questions about their backgrounds and gear preferences to give you a more complete picture of the people behind our reviews. And since we like to rank & review things around here, we also give a score to each of our reviewers’ answers, then come up with a cumulative review grade for each of them.
In the hot seat today is mountain bike reviewer, David Golay, who shares how he went from playing sports in upstate New York, to researching metal alloys in Australia, to reviewing for BLISTER, and he shares a phenomenal story starring Jed Yeiser (of previous Blister podcast episodes fame).
Check out the video version of this conversation on our YouTube Channel.