TOPICS & TIMES
- Shaun’s background (2:23)
- Shaun’s father’s upbringing as a Navajo native (4:09)
- How relatable is your father’s experience to your own? (10:55)
- Getting into competitive running (16:47)
- Running in college (21:13)
- Pursuing a career in education & coaching (22:48)
- Shaun’s coaching techniques & philosophies (33:31)
- Getting into ultras / starting the Canyon De Chelly Ultra (38:44)
- Sharing running with your kids (54:01)
- Your ultra running career (57:12)
Our guest this week is Shaun Martin, who we’ve talked about before on this podcast in our conversations with Sanjay Rawal, since Shaun appeared in Sanjay’s film, 3100: Run and Become.
But this time we’re talking to the man himself, and Brendan Leonard and I talk to Shaun about his background, heritage, coaching philosophy, and a whole lot more.