Elena Hight is an X Games Gold Medalist, two-time Olympian, and a person who everyone in my world describes first and foremost as … a badass.
Elena and I talk about her new film project, Blank Canvas; competitive drive; how similar or different it is preparing to ride a big backcountry line versus a half-pipe contest run; her time in the mountains with the likes of Hana Beaman, Travis Rice, and Danny Davis; the importance for all of us to get better at dealing with the changes and transitions that are an inevitable part of life; and more.
TOPICS & TIMES
- Offseason training & habits (4:49)
- Competitive Background (9:35)
- Mental preparation: contests vs. the backcountry (15:18)
- Shifting from halfpipe riding (22:21)
- Practices to help with moments of transition (33:40)
- Filming with Travis Rice (39:55)
- Current favorite books & music (43:26)
- 2021 plans (44:50)
- Where to watch Blank Canvas (50:15)