It’s probably fitting that Andrea Sansone and Andrew Hamilton met at the summit of a Colorado 14er, one of the 58 such peaks in the state that have gone on to help forge their relationship. Though neither considers themselves trail runners, the duo routinely puts up times on popular alpine routes that outpace those of the pros. Andrew has held the supported FKT for climbing all of Colorado’s 14ers since 2015, and last year, Andrea set the supported FKT on Nolan’s 14, becoming the first woman to complete the roughly 100-mile route in less than 2 days.
As the high country continues to thaw, I sat down with Andrea and Andrew to talk about their summer goals; the partnership they’ve formed by doing hard stuff in the mountains together; lapping the Manitou Incline for 24 hours straight; and much more.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Forming an Endurance Power Couple (2:17)
- Andrew’s Adventure Racing Background (5:41)
- Their FKT Progression (7:37)
- Why They Don’t Consider Themselves Runners (11:09)
- Dissecting Andrea’s Nolan’s 14 FKT (14:18)
- Winter Training for Mountain Season (44:52)
- Tips for Faster Hiking (54:20)