MountainFLOW is disrupting the ski and snowboard industries by producing high-performing products that are also biodegradable and more sustainable than conventional products in their categories. And if you’re skeptical about all of this, then you definitely ought to listen to this conversation with mountainFLOW founder, Peter Arlein.
We talk about the environmental impacts of ski wax (and how ski wax actually works); Peter’s appearance on Shark Tank; the upcoming ban on fluorocarbon waxes at the highest levels of ski racing; and Peter unveils mountainFLOW’s brand-new product, which we think is going to have another significant impact on the ski industry.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Background of mountainFLOW (3:39)
- Wax & its environmental consequences (10:13)
- Going on Shark Tank (14:43)
- Ski wax misconceptions (19:56)
- ‘Deck of cards’ analogy (21:53)
- More interest from backcountry or resort riders? (23:57)
- Ban on fluorocarbons (25:42)
- Ceramic Nano Technology (27:15)
- New Product Reveal (30:47)
- MountainFLOW bike chain lube (36:15)
- What We’re Celebrating (38:42)