Today we’re kicking off a new series on Off The Couch called, “Running through the News.” The idea is simple: find one of the most passionate and informed runners you know who also happens to be one of the smartest people you know, and discuss some of the most notable happenings in the running world.
So I reached out to Sanjay Rawal to have him talk primarily about track and field at the Olympics, but we also talk about the Leadville 100, as well as the longest foot race in the world, the 3,100-mile Self Transcendence race in New York.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Sanjay’s big night (2:37)
- Sifan Hassan’s 1500m, 5000m, & 10,000m (4:57)
- Athing Mu’s 800m American record (12:21)
- 400m hurdles — men’s & women’s (16:30)
- Are decathletes underappreciated? (25:18)
- Overall state of track & field? (31:42)
- 2021 Leadville 100 (37:51)
- Self Transcendence 3100 Run (44:31)